ILCD Handbook : Advanced drafts online
Four advanced draft guidance documents of the International Reference Life Cycle Data System (ILCD) Handbook and one background document are now online :
• General guidance document for Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
• Specific guidance document for generic or average Life Cycle Inventory (LCI) data sets
• Framework and requirements for Life Cycle Impact Assessment (LCIA) models and indicators
• Review schemes for Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and annex on Reviewer qualification
• Analysis of existing Environmental Impact Assessment methodologies for use in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) - Background Document
Public consultation on ILCD documents
The public consultation on the above listed first set of guidance documents of the ILCD Handbook has been launched : The consultation period is from 10 June to 31 August 2009. The aim is to receive input and feedback from all individuals and organisations with an interest in life cycle based data, methods and assessments, to further improve the ILCD documents.
Please find more details, the consulted documents, and the accompanying Explanatory Memoranda on the preceding invited consultation at http://lct.jrc.ec.europa.eu/eplca/deliverables/consultation-on-international-reference-life-cycle-data-system-ilcd-handbook
Public consultation workshop on the ILCD Handbook
An accompanying public consultation workshop is organized from June 29th to July 2nd 2009 in Brussels : “International Reference Life Cycle Data System (ILCD) Handbook”. Registration is possible until June 24. More information and the registration form is available at
Series of preparative full-day meetings on the ILCD public consultation in Europe
To prepare the public consultation on the ILCD documents a series of meetings were held :
• Meeting of the European Commission Internal Steering Group, 25th May 2009
• Workshop with EU-level business associations and World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), 26th May 2009
• Meeting with EU Member State representatives and members of the European Integrated Product Policy Regular Meeting on 12th June 2009
Sustainable Building and Construction
• CEN TC350 (Sustainability of construction works), WG3 (Product Category Rules) : Milan (Italy) : participation and presentation on the toxicity related impact categories in the ILCD
• Construction Sector Network (CSN) Project "Environment for Sustainable Building and Construction" : Milan (Italy), Presentation on the EPLCA and the ILCD on May 15th 2009
19th Annual Meeting SETAC Europe Goteborg, June 2009
• Presentation on “ILCD Handbook – Review schemes for LCA data and applications” (Oral) and “International Reference Life Cycle Data System (ILCD) Data Network” (Poster)
• Information meeting on ILCD guidance documents for the scientific LCA community
• Participation in UNEP/SETAC LC Initiative Board meeting to ensure coordination with the ILCD
June 9th and 10th 2009 – Conference “Biowaste - Need for EU legislation ?” presentation by EPLCA staff.
5th "Transitions Toward Sustainability" conference, 21-24 June 2009, Lisbon, Portugal
Poster presentation on “The International Reference Life Cycle Data System (ILCD)”.
Meeting on product and eco footprint
Meeting with PlasticsEurope on June 17 2009 to discuss the development of sector-specific guidance documents.
Meeting on data format coordination
Meeting with the Swiss ecoinvent centre and GreenDelta TC GmbH in relation to on-going developments to update the EcoSpold format and compatibility with the ILCD reference and exchange format. Zurich, June 16th 2009.
To know more : http://lct.jrc.ec.europa.eu/news-and-meetings/news-documents/EPLCA-Newsletter-No11-21-June-2009.pdf