|METHODES / METHODS > International Conference on Research into Design|
Knowllence relaye une information de PRIMECA|
International Conference on Research into Design
10-12 January 2011 - Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
jeudi 18 mars 2010 , Sandrine Beaujon
Full paper submission still possible
International Conference on Research into Design (ICoRD’11), to be held at the National Science Seminar Complex, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, during 10-12 January 2011
Design is ubiquitous. Research into design and the emergence of a research community in this area has been relatively new, its development influenced by the multiple facets of design (human, artefact, process, organisation, and the micro and macro-economy by which design is shaped) and the associated diversification of the community into those focusing on various aspects of the individual facets and applications. Design is complex, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders using multiple areas of knowledge from resources spread across space and time.
ICoRD’11 is the third in a series of conferences held every two years in India to bring together the international community from diverse areas of design research, teaching and practice to share cutting edge research ; aid the ongoing process of developing and extending a collective vision through emerging research challenges and questions ; to provide a platform for interaction, collaboration and development of the community in order for it to take up the challenges to realise this vision. The conference is intended generally for all stakeholders, and in particular for practitioners, researchers, teachers and students of design.
The conference will have
• invited presentations from eminent international experts and practitioners
• presentations of refereed papers as podium, poster, panel or workshop presentations
• industrial sessions to present perspectives from industry and studies in practice
The organising committee invites submission of research papers in all areas of design. This includes all dimensions, e.g., people, product, tools, processes and environments of design, with research results contributing to its understanding and support. Some example topics are
• Design Theory and Methodology
• Human factors in Design
• Design for X (Product Safety, Manufacture & Assembly, Cost , Reliability etc.)
• Enabling Technologies & Tools (Computer Aided Conceptual Design, Virtual Reality, Haptics, etc)
• Design Management, Knowledge Management and Product Life Cycle Management
• Applications in Practice (Automotive, Aerospace, Biomedical Devices, MEMS, etc.)
• Eco-Design, Sustainable Manufacturing, Design for Sustainability
• Design Creativity, Synthesis, Evaluation and Optimisation
• Design Lexicon, Taxonomy, Ontology
• Design Collaboration and Communication
• Design Aesthetics, Semiotics, Semantics
• Design Training and Education
• Design Research Methodology
All submitted papers will undergo a review process involving multiple reviewers. All accepted papers will be published in the proceedings of the conference.
Important dates are :
• Abstracts Due : 28 April 2010
• Notification of Abstract Acceptance : 1 May 2010
• Full Papers Due : 1 July 2010
• Notification of Acceptance : 1 October 2010
• Final Papers Due : 1 November 2010
Abstract should be e-mailed as a PDF attachment to icord11(at)cpdm.iisc.ernet.in.
It should have the following content : title of the paper ; names, affiliations, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mails of authors specifying the corresponding author ; the conference topic to which the paper fits (or specify a new topic in case it does not fit within any conference topic) ; and a summary of up to 500 words stating the objectives, relevance, methodology, main results and conclusions. Abstracts will be evaluated for originality and relevance for acceptance.
Full papers for accepted abstracts will be solicited in the format specified on the conference website.
Prof. Amaresh Chakrabarti,
Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing,
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
Tel : +91 80 2293 2922 ; Fax : +91 80 2360 1975,
Email : icord11(at)cpdm.iisc.ernet.in,
Conference Website : http://cpdm.iisc.ernet.in/icord’11
Home | Contact | Site | Plan | Admin