Within my personal project during the course I expect to find answers for the following questions.
1. A new generation of national road databank has been developed recently in Hungary. I would like to investigate how could we fit this into the existing systems in the EU. What additional developments are necessary ?
2. How GPS technology is used in identification of different road condition measurements ?
3. What critical points should be solved in GPS based updating of digital maps used as a basis of the road databank ?
4. What kind of interface has to be developed between our databank system and HDM-4 ?
5. How can we use our technical and financial resources optimal, based on our measurements ?
6. What kind of databank system is used in France ? Which parts are common and what are the differences ?
7. What is the frequency of road condition measurements ? How do you choose test road sections ? How do you use the results of measurements in planning and scheduling of road maintenance ?
8. I would like to understand deeply the practical use of HDM-4. What is the main path of development ? How do you cooperate with software companies ?
9. How do you choose major software and hardware partners ?
Concerning the motivation, I have among my professional objectives the strengthening the international co-operation of the road sector.
During my stay in France, fruitful relationships could be developed with other participants and French experts that could lead to common long-term partnerships.
The harmonisation of way of thinking of different people will bring new ideas in the interest of further co-operation. In Hungary, I continuously work to create good contacts with colleagues in the whole country and I hope to be able to extend this activity to the international level, first of all to France.
I think the investigation of the possibilities of involvement of French road building companies in Hungarian road development and maintenance projects will be also possible during my training course.
I will present my educational results in appropriate articles in the Hungarian medias of the road sector (journals and magazines)