Kulwinder Singh Rao
SCO 210-211 (4th Floor), Sector 34-A, Chandigarh.
Home Phone : +91 (172) 2228688
Office Phone : +91 (172) 2645497
Mobile : +91 (0)98143 02081
Fax : +91 (172) 2601028
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
1998- 2004 : Punjab Roads & Bridges Development Board (PRBDB), Chandigarh
Nodal Engineer Highways
PRBDB is the State Govt. owned entity created in 1998 with the express objective of coordinating and implementing various Infrastructure Projects in the Highway Sector in Punjab. Nodal Engineer Highways is responsible for managing the works being undertaken on the roads, which were earlier being financed through the State Resources (Plan Funds) but are now being financed through multilateral assistance. He reports directly to Secretary Public Works through Joint Secretary, PRBDB.
- Part of the Core Team, handling Private Sector Participation programme on Highway sector. Total Project outlay is € 182 million.
- Part of the Core Team involved in Project Formulation for the Punjab State Road Project worth € 155 million approved in principle by the World Bank during June 2003 for the State of Punjab.
- Visited France as delegate of Indo-French Working Group on Roads during September-October, 2003.
- Directly supervised and successfully completed major road up-gradation work on State Highway No 24 during 2002 worth € 3.0 million.
- Responsible directly for construction of a major river bridge during 2002 (1.12 kms long, RCC, well foundations) costing € 1.5 million.
- Successfully planned and coordinated the State Road Development Project worth € 9.0 million undertaken with the help of privately placed Bonds issue (Series 1) of PRBDB.
- Effectively coordinated and managed € 14 million Roads Project in the State of Punjab undertaken with the financial assistance of Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO).
- Devised Project Monitoring System for the works being undertaken in the State of Punjab under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII & IX with the aid of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) worth € 40 millions.
- Successfully planned and coordinated the States case for sanctioning of 21 Road Over Bridges (ROBs) worth € 45 millions by Ministry of Railways, Government of India for State of Punjab.
- State Level Coordinating Engineer for Prime Minister Village Road Scheme (PMGSY). Worked closely with seventeen Programme Implementation Units (PIUs) for implementation of Online Monitoring & Management System and Web based software for PMGSY.
- Part of the team involved in the Project Management of Link Road Repair Project (€ 95.45 millions) being executed by Department of Public Works in Punjab. The work had been undertaken with the assistance of Oriental Bank of Commerce led consortium of Five Banks under the aegis of Rural Development Board.
- Created the Road Repair Decision Model being used currently in the routine maintenance as well as special repairs of roads in the Public Works Department (B&R) Punjab.
- Part of the Team finalising and monitoring Annual Maintenance Programme on secondary and tertiary network in the State.
- Part of the Core Team for computerization of PWD (B&R) by way of creation of Wide Area Network. Detailed system study and user specification requirement studies completed with the help of C-DAC Pune.
- Responsible for all Major reports to be presented to the Member Secretary of the Board.
1992-1998 : Public Works Department (Building & Roads) Punjab
Sub Divisional Engineer (Link Roads)
Public works Department (B&R) is the premier agency involved in the Transport sector in the State of Punjab. Sub Divisional Engineer (Link Roads) looks after the roadwork on villager link roads in his jurisdiction. The work involves Highway Pavement Design, Estimation and Physical execution of the works in the area.
- Lead repair programme on the link roads in the Payal and Phillaur Subdivisions, Punjab.
- Consistently met the Annual Targets.
- Managed 100 strong Team of officials while implementing the maintenance programme.
1988- 1992 : Public Works Department (Building & Roads) National Highways Division
Sub Divisional Engineer (National Highways).
In 1986, a major Road Improvement Initiative was launched on National Highways. As a part of that, National Highway No 1 was widened to 4 lanes. The work was undertaken with the assistance of World Bank
- Headed client team of 8 Junior Engineers in field for two major contracts worth € 3.0 millions.
- Successfully completed the Four laning work in Km 252.250 to 275.525 of National Highway No 1.
- Implemented the Quality Assurance Programme on both the contracts including the mix designs.
- Planned and designed the Highway Pavement (NH 1, KM 272 to 275) in Khanna Town, Punjab, which remedied the long standing Drainage Problem.
1986- 1988 : Public Works Department (Irrigation Branch) Punjab.
Assistant Engineer Design
- Worked as a part of 50 strong Team of Design Engineers
- Designed various Cross Drainage Structures on Satluj Yamuna link Canal.
1981- 1985 Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
Graduated with Honors.
Member Indian Road Congress (IRC)
National Quality Monitor (PMGSY)
Good knowledge of PIARC supported Highway Development & Management Software (HDM-4) .
Fully versed with MS office Tools
Useful working knowledge of Primavera (Project Management Software).
Underwent a certificate course in ORACLE and Developer 2000.
Traveling (have traveled to USA, Canada, U.K., France, Middle East & Nepal, besides various parts of India),
Trekking, Jogging, Reading etc.
Mr. R.S. Sandhu
Secretary Public Works
Govt. of Punjab,
Phone + 91 (172) 2742920
Fax + 91 (172) 2746489
Mr. Gajendra Haldea
Principal Advisor & Head of Center for Infrastructure & Regulation
National Council of Applied Economic Research
11, Indraprashtha Estate,
New Delhi - 110002
Phone + 91 (011) 35559191
Fax + 91 (011) 23327164
Mr. Kuldip Singh
Chief Engineer (Infrastructure Projects),
Department of Public Works,
Phone + 91 (172) 665573
Mr. Mohinder Singh
Secretary, Sugar Industry ( Earlier Secretary Public _ Works, Punjab)
Govt. of UP, India.
Phone + 91 (522) 2238243
More References can be provided on request. Let see the experience details
- Experience details